by Joseph “G-Clef” Cavaseno
Since 2004, Chambermusik has been availing well-known underground hip-hop artists to our distribution network. With our new business model, Chambermusik Net 50, we are now extending our network to be available to all artists for just a modest setup fee of $50. Our goal has always been to help the independent artist to get their music out there in a professional yet affordable manner. Chambermusik wants you to make a profit, no matter how many units you sell. We know what it takes to get that done, and we now welcome you all to draw from the well! This is our basic, tier one model.
Here are some of the details:
1) You set your own price! (for the Chambermusik Store, however digital vendors generally set their own prices)
2) Our deal is non-exclusive (means we handle digital and a few physical outlets, but you can still sell to local stores or on your site, etc)
3) We press physical units for you at a chargeback rate of $2 a unit, and you don’t have to pay upfront, it’s built into the price!
4) One time $50 expenses are mutually agreed upon, no surprises, unless we decide together to spend on something.
6) We can design professional looking cover art for only $75, standard jewel, front/back/cd-face. (if you want more than that done, rates are still affordable.)
7) The term “net 50” is pretty standard nowadays for indie distribution, and means we split the profits in half with you after expenses.
8) We take absolutely no publishing nor writers rights, nor any rights to your master, and you get paid performance royalties directly from ASCAP or BMI.
9) You get the option to have the official “Chambermusik Special Products” logo on your jacket, which automatically gives you in a serious brand/network cosign.
10) If we feel you can sell more than the average artist, we may “kick you upstairs” to Tier 2, which adds full retail physical distribution.
What we need from you to get started:
1) A High Resolution jpeg of your front cover (1400 x 1400 dpi) (if you are pressing CDs on your own)
2) All artwork, preferably in psd format, or high resolution jpeg format. (if we are pressing CDs for you)
3) Paragraph description of your album
4) Track list with features, production credits on bottom of list.
5) Audio in WAV format, 44000, 16 bit. If you need mastering let us know, we can do it for a reasonable rate! Otherwise these should be mastered and ready to distribute.
for more info or to sign up contact us at [email protected]