Arvell Shaw and the Louis Armstrong Legacy – A Tribute to Satchmo
$7.00 – $8.00
Louis Armstrong’s stalwart bass player, Arvell Shaw lead this alumni band for several years after the Master’s departure. This performance was recorded live at “Highlights in Jazz” in 1991, as part of New York City’s longest running Jazz Concert Series. Jazz critic Joe Clee said of this performance, “Arvell Shaw’s Armstrong Legacy came so close to sounding like the Louis Armstrong All Stars that it was almost scary!” Featured here are Arvell himself on bass and vocals, Byron Stripling, trumpet and vocals, Joey “G-Clef” Cavaseno on clarinet, of Illinois Jacquet fame, Dennis Wilson of Count Basie fame, as well as pianist Bross Townsend, and drummer Ray Mosca.
1. West End Blues intro / Struttin’ with some Barbeque (Louis Armstrong, Lil Armstrong)
2. Tin Roof Blues (New Orleans Rhythmn Kings)
3. St. Louis Blues (W.C. Handy)
4. Summertime (George Gershwin) ft. Arvell Shaw, vocals
5. Sunny Side of the Street (McHugh Fields) ft. Byron Stripling
6. Sophisticated Lady (Duke Ellington)
7. Medley: Mack the Knife (Kurt Weil) / Hello Dolly (Jerry Herman)
8. Swing That Music (Louis Armstrong)
Arvell Shaw – bass, vocals Byron Stripling, trumpet, vocals Dennis Wilson, trombone Joey “G-Clef” Cavaseno, clarinet Bross Townsend, piano Ray Mosca, drums
* This is a brand new, professionally manufactured & shrink-wrapped Ultra/Pro-CDR. It is officially licensed to Chambermusik Special Products for sale via special arrangement with the artists. We strive hard to make such exclusive products available in professional format at a reasonable price.
|Dimensions||6 × 5 × .5 in|
There are no reviews yet.